Basic Playing Regulations and Competition Rules for Midget, Junior and Youth Grades
- 5th to 8th Grades, size 3.
- 9th to 13th Grades, size 4.
- 14th to 17th Grades, size 5.
Coaching is not permitted on the field of play (other than for midgets), nor from behind the goal line (Coaches' Code of Conduct to be strictly observed).
- Midgets, 5th to 8th Grades.
- Juniors, 9th to 12th Grades.
- Youth, 13th to 17th Grades.
Match Playing Times:
- 5th & 6th Grades, warm up then 4 x 8 minute games.
- 7th & 8th Grades, warm up then 4 x 10 minute games.
- 9th – 12th, 2 x 25 minute halves, plus max 5 minute half-time.
- 13th Grade, 2 x 27.5 minute halves, plus max 5 minute half-time.
- 15th Grade, 2 x 40 minute halves, plus max 5 minute half-time.
- 17th Grade, 2 x 40 minute halves, plus max 5 minute half-time.
All games must start and finish on time. If a game starts late the time available must be divided into two equal halves, with allowance for a half-time break in order to finish on time and not hold up the start of the next game. No injury time is to be played.
Coaches and managers must ensure players vacate the pitch immediately at the end of a game in order not to hold up the start of the next game. Handshakes, player of the day awards, etc, should be conducted off the pitch.
- 9th – 10th Grades, taken 7 metres out from the centre of the goal.
- 11th – 12th Grades, taken 8 metres out from the centre of the goal.
- 13th – 17th Grades, taken from the spot marked on the pitch (11 metres out).
- 5th & 6th Grades, 3-a-side (no goalkeeper).
- 7th & 8th Grades, 4-a-side (no goalkeeper).
- 9th & 10th Grades, 7-a-side (including goalkeeper).
- 11th - 13th Grades, 9-a-side (including goalkeeper).
- 15th - 17th Grades, 11-a-side (including goalkeeper).
- Wear shin guards at all time whilst playing, and ensure that they are covered entirely by the player's socks.
- Not use equipment or wear anything that is dangerous to himself/herself or another player, including any kind of jewellery (particular attention is drawn to boot studs).
- Carry a basic first aid kit and ice.
- Utilise bottled water (not communal buckets).
- Have cellphone access to emergency services.